We are happy to announce we reached a settlement agreement with the Gorilla Glue Company on September 9, 2017. Below are a few key points of that agreement:
- A transition period – GG Strains will be transition out of the trademarked name “Gorilla Glue” and “Gorilla” owned by Gorilla Glue Co., but we have asked for and won a transition period that allows us to use the words “formally known as” for one year.
- Protection order for our partners – Details below, but you have the same transition period.
- Rebranding – As of 9/19/2017 our strains will be known as:
- Gorilla Glue 4 is now GG4 and/or Original Glue
- Gorilla Glue 5 is now GG5 and/or New Glue
- Gorilla Glue 1 is now GG1 and/or Sister Glue
- LVPK x GG4/Purple Glue & Gluchee remain the same
Exclusive for GG Strains Partner to use the wording “Formally Known As Gorilla Glue 4, 5, 1”
As of 9/19/2017 ONLY GG STRAINS and OUR AUTHORIZED PARTNERS have been granted permission to use “formally known as” ONLY UNTIL 9/19/2018.
Packaging & Marketing Guidelines: GG Strains will send out amendments to your partnership agreements, this will out line the above as well the new marketing guidelines for our seals / logos etc that can be used by our authorized partners only.
Order of Protection: We are also excited to announce the Gorilla Glue Company has agreed they will not pursue any legal actions against GG Strains LLC authorized partners/cultivators, As long as the rebranding terms are met. This will entitle our partners / cultivators an order of protection from the Gorilla Glue Company!!! THIS is what we have been fighting so hard for!!! We will be giving a protective Letter from the gorilla glue company.
We understand you may have questions and with that we would like to setup a follow-up call with GG Strains, please email us to set up a time for us to answer any questions you may have.
Ross Johnson (Lone Watty)
Don Peabody (Joesy Whales)